Boris picks Three Wise Men on camels passing St Paul’s for Xmas
THIS is the winning design for Boris Johnson’s official City Hall Christmas card this year which a 15-year-old schoolboy in East London who doesn’t even do art come up with. Rahad Hussain didn’t even enter the competition at his school to create a card
THIS is winning design for Boris Johnson’s official City Hall Christmas card this year which a 15-year-old schoolboy in East London who doesn’t do art come up with.
Rahad Hussain didn’t even enter the competition at his school to design a card.
It was only when he saw his mates at Bethnal Green’s Morpeth Secondary put their ideas forward that he thought he could do better.
His pals challenged him, so he rustled up a quick sketch of Three Wise Men on camels passing St Paul’s—and the Mayor of London gave it a winning Christmas star.’
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor, who popped into the school to congratulate Rahad, said: “It is one of the nicest festive cards I’ve seen. He’s shown a great flair for capturing the magic of Christmas in his design.”
It is now being sent out to people and organisations as the Mayor’s official London Christmas card.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 6 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 9 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End