Boris picks Three Wise Men on camels passing St Paul’s for Xmas
THIS is the winning design for Boris Johnson’s official City Hall Christmas card this year which a 15-year-old schoolboy in East London who doesn’t even do art come up with. Rahad Hussain didn’t even enter the competition at his school to create a card
THIS is winning design for Boris Johnson’s official City Hall Christmas card this year which a 15-year-old schoolboy in East London who doesn’t do art come up with.
Rahad Hussain didn’t even enter the competition at his school to design a card.
It was only when he saw his mates at Bethnal Green’s Morpeth Secondary put their ideas forward that he thought he could do better.
His pals challenged him, so he rustled up a quick sketch of Three Wise Men on camels passing St Paul’s—and the Mayor of London gave it a winning Christmas star.’
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor, who popped into the school to congratulate Rahad, said: “It is one of the nicest festive cards I’ve seen. He’s shown a great flair for capturing the magic of Christmas in his design.”
It is now being sent out to people and organisations as the Mayor’s official London Christmas card.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park