Boris picks Three Wise Men on camels passing St Paul’s for Xmas
THIS is the winning design for Boris Johnson’s official City Hall Christmas card this year which a 15-year-old schoolboy in East London who doesn’t even do art come up with. Rahad Hussain didn’t even enter the competition at his school to create a card
THIS is winning design for Boris Johnson’s official City Hall Christmas card this year which a 15-year-old schoolboy in East London who doesn’t do art come up with.
Rahad Hussain didn’t even enter the competition at his school to design a card.
It was only when he saw his mates at Bethnal Green’s Morpeth Secondary put their ideas forward that he thought he could do better.
His pals challenged him, so he rustled up a quick sketch of Three Wise Men on camels passing St Paul’s—and the Mayor of London gave it a winning Christmas star.’
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor, who popped into the school to congratulate Rahad, said: “It is one of the nicest festive cards I’ve seen. He’s shown a great flair for capturing the magic of Christmas in his design.”
It is now being sent out to people and organisations as the Mayor’s official London Christmas card.
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 7 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 8 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 10 Air ambulance charity reveals number of east London call-outs in 2020