Boris plans Thames cable car crossing for Isle of Dogs
EAST London's two new river crossings could be footbridges, river ferries or even cable cars. The Mayor of London's new transport strategy document includes plans for two new crossings on the Isle of Dogs.
By Keir Mudie
EAST London's two new river crossings could be footbridges, river ferries or even cable cars.
The Mayor of London's new transport strategy document includes plans for two new crossings on the Isle of Dogs.
Although planning is in the early stages, officials from Transport for London confirmed they are exploring the possibility of cable cars for the site.
You may also want to watch:
Kulveer Ranger, the Mayor of London's transport advisor, said: "No one would argue that east London suffers from a lack of crossings and the Mayor is determined to resolve that situation.
"Rather than pursue a Thames Gateway crossing, which was not supported by the Planning Inspectorate and caused major public concerns about traffic, he asked Transport for London to investigate a range of river crossing options across east London to address a number of problems.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park