Boris pursuing idea of allotments on vacant building sites
Dear Ed, BORIS Johnson has given a commitment that he will pursue the idea of temporary allotments on vacant building sites. The potential is huge and sets a precedent for London boroughs to meet allotment demand
BORIS Johnson has given me a commitment that he will pursue the idea of creating temporary allotments on vacant building sites.
The City of London is looking at providing temporary giant 'grow bags' on derelict sites for the residents of the Square Mile.
When you consider that this local authority has 22 acres of open space, the potential is huge and sets a precedent and possible solution for other London boroughs to meet allotment demand.
Jenny Jones (Green Party)
- 1 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 2 'Lucky' escape: Family flees Bethnal Green fire thanks to fire alarms
- 3 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 4 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 5 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 6 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
- 7 Aspire 'will work for everyone in Tower Hamlets' after winning majority
- 8 Night Tube services to return on Jubilee line next week
- 9 Wiley wanted after court no-show amid assault and burglary charges
- 10 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears