Boris pursuing idea of allotments on vacant building sites
Dear Ed, BORIS Johnson has given a commitment that he will pursue the idea of temporary allotments on vacant building sites. The potential is huge and sets a precedent for London boroughs to meet allotment demand
BORIS Johnson has given me a commitment that he will pursue the idea of creating temporary allotments on vacant building sites.
The City of London is looking at providing temporary giant 'grow bags' on derelict sites for the residents of the Square Mile.
When you consider that this local authority has 22 acres of open space, the potential is huge and sets a precedent and possible solution for other London boroughs to meet allotment demand.
You may also want to watch:
Jenny Jones (Green Party)
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs