Boris pursuing idea of allotments on vacant building sites
Dear Ed, BORIS Johnson has given a commitment that he will pursue the idea of temporary allotments on vacant building sites. The potential is huge and sets a precedent for London boroughs to meet allotment demand
BORIS Johnson has given me a commitment that he will pursue the idea of creating temporary allotments on vacant building sites.
The City of London is looking at providing temporary giant 'grow bags' on derelict sites for the residents of the Square Mile.
When you consider that this local authority has 22 acres of open space, the potential is huge and sets a precedent and possible solution for other London boroughs to meet allotment demand.
You may also want to watch:
Jenny Jones (Green Party)
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 6 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 7 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 8 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 9 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job