Boris’s buskers go online to find London’s top street musician
BUSKERS are getting ready for a busking play off’ online to find London’s top street musicians. They sent in audition clips to win a busking slot on a prime London Underground performance pitch as part of Mayor Boris Johnson’s Rhythm of London’ competition. Those shortlisted are now online to be voted to fint London's best bnusker
BUSKERS are getting ready for a busking play off’ online to find London’s top street musicians.
Prizes up for grabs for the top three include a highly sought-after year’s licence to busk on the London Underground, a new Epiphone acoustic guitar and a Fender precision bass signed and donated by legendary musician Sting.
Singers and musicians between 16 and 25 were asked to send in audition clips to win a 20 minute busking slot on a prime London Underground performance pitch as part of Mayor Boris Johnson’s Rhythm of London’ competition on July 11.
They performed at Liverpool Street, Bank, Westminster, Embankment, Victoria, Waterloo and Hammersmith stations as well as outside the O2 Dome in Greenwich.
You may also want to watch:
Those shortlisted are now online to be voted by Londoners to find the busker of the year.’
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 3 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 4 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 5 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 6 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 7 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 8 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 Bronze Age hoard to go on show after 3,000 years and an extra year's delay
East Enders are backing Renato Vanzella from Whitechapel and Jon Roskilly from Bow (hint).
Footage of their performances along with the other 51 buskers can be seen on the buskers’ website and can vote up to Monday week, August 31.
The 20 with the highest votes get whittled down to 10 by a panel of judges the next day.
They perform at the live Busk-off’ at the Mayor’s Young People’s Question Time at the O2 on September 17 to find London’s three top buskers.