Bosses defend Royal London's ""underperforming"" rating
by Gemma Collins BOSSES at the Royal London say the hospital is seeing significant improvements after a recent report slammed it for underperforming . Barts and the Londo
BOSSES at the Royal London say the hospital is seeing "significant improvements" after a recent report slammed it for "underperforming".
Barts and the London Trust which runs the hospital in Whitechapel was found to be failing to meet NHS minimum standards in a report released by the Department of Health last week.
The trust which also runs Bart's Hospital in Smithfield and the London Chest Hospital in Bethnal Green now faces being managed by NHS London until it improves.
Hospitals across the country were measured on their general standards, patients' experiences, quality, safety and government targets and the results were published in the DOH's first Quarter Publication for 2009-10.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman insists that the ratings given to the trust for `user experience' and `quality and safety' proved it has "some of the best quality clinical care in the country".
He added: "We have previously acknowledged that we had some weaknesses in our administrative systems, which adversely affected our performance on a number of national access standards.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
"But a comprehensive improvement programme has been in place for some time and we are encouraged by the significant improvements this is delivering.