Bow belles celebrate record A Level results at Central Foundation Girls' School
Exceptional results were achieved yet again at Central Foundation Girls School in Bow, where the proportion of A*-C grades rose to 82 per cent from 75 per cent A-C last year. All of the 43 students taking their A2 levels achieved at least a pass, while s
Exceptional results were achieved yet again at Central Foundation Girls' School in Bow, where the proportion of A*-C grades rose to 82 per cent from 75 per cent A-C last year.
All of the 43 students taking their A2 levels achieved at least a pass, while six exams were awarded a top A* grade.
Shahada Begum, 18, of Bow, will start a sociology course at London School of Economics in September after gaining an A* in English Literature and an A in both Sociology and Religious Studies.
She said: "I haven't told my parents yet, but they will be so proud when they find out.
You may also want to watch:
"I was a little worried about the prospects for graduates leaving university, but I think after leaving the LSE you are pretty much guaranteed a job."
Headteacher Dr Anne Hudson put the improved results down to better lesson planning and teacher interaction with pupils.
- 1 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 2 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
She said: "Better practice and assessment let students know what they were capable of and really motivated them.