Bow death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of a man who was found stabbed in a street.
Eric Paul, of Matthews House, Burgess Street, Poplar, was found in the street in Devons Road, at the junction with Gale Street, Bow, by police called to reports of a man suffering multiple stab injuries.
London Ambulance Service and the Air Ambulance treated the 50-year-old, who was found shortly before 3am on Saturday, and he was taken to the Royal London Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 5.11am.
A post-mortem examination at Poplar Mortuary gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the chest.
Today a 36-year-old man was arrested at an address in Bow on suspicion of murder. He currently remains in custody at an east London police station pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
An incident room has opened at Hendon under DCI Andy Partridge of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC).
Police are retaining an open mind as to motive.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 5 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 6 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 7 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 8 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 9 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
Anyone with information call 020 8358 0300 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.