Bow death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of a man who was found stabbed in a street.
Eric Paul, of Matthews House, Burgess Street, Poplar, was found in the street in Devons Road, at the junction with Gale Street, Bow, by police called to reports of a man suffering multiple stab injuries.
London Ambulance Service and the Air Ambulance treated the 50-year-old, who was found shortly before 3am on Saturday, and he was taken to the Royal London Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 5.11am.
A post-mortem examination at Poplar Mortuary gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the chest.
Today a 36-year-old man was arrested at an address in Bow on suspicion of murder. He currently remains in custody at an east London police station pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
An incident room has opened at Hendon under DCI Andy Partridge of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC).
Police are retaining an open mind as to motive.
- 1 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
Anyone with information call 020 8358 0300 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.