Bow death: Man charged with murder
A man has been charged with murder following the death of another man in Bow.
Eric Paul, of Matthews House, Burgess Street, Poplar, was found in the street in Devons Road, at the junction with Gale Street, Bow, shortly before 3am on Saturday.
He was taken to the Royal London Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 5.11am.
A post-mortem examination at Poplar Mortuary gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the chest.
Police have charged Fitzroy Anthony Daley, 36, unemployed, of Sedgwick House, Gale Street, with Mr Paul’s murder.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims