Bow kids name their own adventure playground
KIDS revealed the name they have chosen for a new state-of-the-art adventure playground in Bow when it was unveiled last Friday.
Residents of all ages were able to check out the facilities at the ‘Roman Road Adventure’ playground, a joint venture between Old Ford Housing Association and the Tower Hamlets Play Pathfinder Programme, which is supervised by qualified playworkers.
Up to 30 children have been involved in the design and construction of the site off Hewlett Road, which boasts wooden balancing equipment, sand pits, water play, hammocks, swings and sensory areas.
The youngsters have also designed the signs at the playground.
As well as seeing the outdoor areas in use, visitors were also invited explore the state-of-the-art indoor play centre, with a large hall for indoor activities and its ‘living roof’.
You may also want to watch:
June Morton, managing director of Old Ford Housing Association, said: “This is one of the best adventure playgrounds I have ever seen.
“To have this facility right in the middle of our housing estate is just brilliant. It is a place where young people can really enjoy the outdoors, experiment with equipment and let off steam.”
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 4 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 5 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 9 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End