Bow kids name their own adventure playground
KIDS revealed the name they have chosen for a new state-of-the-art adventure playground in Bow when it was unveiled last Friday.
Residents of all ages were able to check out the facilities at the ‘Roman Road Adventure’ playground, a joint venture between Old Ford Housing Association and the Tower Hamlets Play Pathfinder Programme, which is supervised by qualified playworkers.
Up to 30 children have been involved in the design and construction of the site off Hewlett Road, which boasts wooden balancing equipment, sand pits, water play, hammocks, swings and sensory areas.
The youngsters have also designed the signs at the playground.
As well as seeing the outdoor areas in use, visitors were also invited explore the state-of-the-art indoor play centre, with a large hall for indoor activities and its ‘living roof’.
You may also want to watch:
June Morton, managing director of Old Ford Housing Association, said: “This is one of the best adventure playgrounds I have ever seen.
“To have this facility right in the middle of our housing estate is just brilliant. It is a place where young people can really enjoy the outdoors, experiment with equipment and let off steam.”
- 1 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 2 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 5 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
- 6 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 7 Former Leyton Orient striker Lee Angol joins Bradford City
- 8 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown
- 9 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 10 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences