Bow runner takes on two marathons for cancer sufferers
A NOVICE runner from Bow is set to take on two marathons this month to raise money for a cancer charity. Emily Godden, 26, is set to run the Virgin London Marathon on April 25 in aid of Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research. And her warm-up challenge will be th
A NOVICE runner from Bow is set to take on two marathons this month to raise money for a cancer charity.
Emily Godden, 26, is set to run the Virgin London Marathon on April 25 in aid of Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research.
And her warm-up challenge will be the 26.2 mile Paris Marathon on April 11.
She said: "I'll be running in memory of my grandfather and the names of my colleagues' loved ones who have been affected by leukaemia."
You may also want to watch:
Emily has been training with a local running club since Christmas in the lead up to the marathons.
And she will be running the London Marathon with colleague Philip Anderson from insurance company Bluefin Advisory Services.
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 5 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 6 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 7 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 8 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 9 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
The company is hoping to raise �50,000 this year for the charity.
She added: "I try to run at least three times a week, which believe me was not easy during the freezing temperatures.
"I'm really looking forward to the day now, but I'm slightly concerned how my legs will hold up.
"It's the support from the crowd and the thought of those messages on my 'justgiving' fundraising page that'll keep me going."
You can support Emily's challenge at www.justgiving.com/bluefin