Bow runner takes on two marathons for cancer sufferers
A NOVICE runner from Bow is set to take on two marathons this month to raise money for a cancer charity. Emily Godden, 26, is set to run the Virgin London Marathon on April 25 in aid of Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research. And her warm-up challenge will be th
A NOVICE runner from Bow is set to take on two marathons this month to raise money for a cancer charity.
Emily Godden, 26, is set to run the Virgin London Marathon on April 25 in aid of Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research.
And her warm-up challenge will be the 26.2 mile Paris Marathon on April 11.
She said: "I'll be running in memory of my grandfather and the names of my colleagues' loved ones who have been affected by leukaemia."
You may also want to watch:
Emily has been training with a local running club since Christmas in the lead up to the marathons.
And she will be running the London Marathon with colleague Philip Anderson from insurance company Bluefin Advisory Services.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 4 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 9 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
- 10 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
The company is hoping to raise �50,000 this year for the charity.
She added: "I try to run at least three times a week, which believe me was not easy during the freezing temperatures.
"I'm really looking forward to the day now, but I'm slightly concerned how my legs will hold up.
"It's the support from the crowd and the thought of those messages on my 'justgiving' fundraising page that'll keep me going."
You can support Emily's challenge at www.justgiving.com/bluefin