Bow runner takes on two marathons for cancer sufferers
A NOVICE runner from Bow is set to take on two marathons this month to raise money for a cancer charity. Emily Godden, 26, is set to run the Virgin London Marathon on April 25 in aid of Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research. And her warm-up challenge will be th
A NOVICE runner from Bow is set to take on two marathons this month to raise money for a cancer charity.
Emily Godden, 26, is set to run the Virgin London Marathon on April 25 in aid of Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research.
And her warm-up challenge will be the 26.2 mile Paris Marathon on April 11.
She said: "I'll be running in memory of my grandfather and the names of my colleagues' loved ones who have been affected by leukaemia."
Emily has been training with a local running club since Christmas in the lead up to the marathons.
And she will be running the London Marathon with colleague Philip Anderson from insurance company Bluefin Advisory Services.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 2 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 3 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 4 Abba Voyage: A spectacular trip into an enchanted world
- 5 Tower Hamlets neighbours must 'temporarily leave' and pay £85k for building repairs
- 6 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 7 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 8 Police looking for missing man last seen leaving hospital
- 9 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 10 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
The company is hoping to raise �50,000 this year for the charity.
She added: "I try to run at least three times a week, which believe me was not easy during the freezing temperatures.
"I'm really looking forward to the day now, but I'm slightly concerned how my legs will hold up.
"It's the support from the crowd and the thought of those messages on my 'justgiving' fundraising page that'll keep me going."
You can support Emily's challenge at www.justgiving.com/bluefin