Bow’s Sillky Slim turns out to be a real smoothie on ITV’s Take Me Out
A RAPPER broke records when he appeared on a TV dating show.
Roman Road based rapper Alroy Burke, also known as Sillky, said that he broke records on the ITV show Take Me Out when all 30 female contestants wanted to date him.
In a twenty-first century update of the 1990s show Blind Date a panel of women get to choose if they’d like to go out with the show’s bachelors but can indicate a lack of interest in a would-be date by turning off lights in front of them.
But former Raines Foundation pupil Mr Burke said: “When I was introduced no lights went out. You then have to do a party piece so I did my rap, which incorporated girls in the show and the host.”
The show also included footage of his grandmother, Bow-based Sylvia Phinn, talking about her grandson and how she’s like to see the 26-year-old former customer sales rep getting married.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Burke won a trip to Tenerife with his date Holly-Jade and he said his appearance on the show put him at the top of the trends discussed by the twitterati.
“It’s been crazy, I’ve had people coming up and asking for my autograph,” he said.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 10 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
He said he hoped it would boost his music career as he is busy working on an album from his studio at home in Bow.