Bow’s Sillky Slim turns out to be a real smoothie on ITV’s Take Me Out
A RAPPER broke records when he appeared on a TV dating show.
Roman Road based rapper Alroy Burke, also known as Sillky, said that he broke records on the ITV show Take Me Out when all 30 female contestants wanted to date him.
In a twenty-first century update of the 1990s show Blind Date a panel of women get to choose if they’d like to go out with the show’s bachelors but can indicate a lack of interest in a would-be date by turning off lights in front of them.
But former Raines Foundation pupil Mr Burke said: “When I was introduced no lights went out. You then have to do a party piece so I did my rap, which incorporated girls in the show and the host.”
The show also included footage of his grandmother, Bow-based Sylvia Phinn, talking about her grandson and how she’s like to see the 26-year-old former customer sales rep getting married.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Burke won a trip to Tenerife with his date Holly-Jade and he said his appearance on the show put him at the top of the trends discussed by the twitterati.
“It’s been crazy, I’ve had people coming up and asking for my autograph,” he said.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
He said he hoped it would boost his music career as he is busy working on an album from his studio at home in Bow.