Bow singer and former BBC Unsung Hero releases debut single
- Credit: Archant
A singer from Bow who’s worked with Gary Barlow and Disney is releasing her debut single.
Magenta, a singer-songwriter who’s spent ten years as a session musician, has worked with jazz trumpeter Wynton Marsalis, Disney, trance DJs Genix and Solarstone, and Gary Barlow on his West End musical GIRLS.
Circles will be her first solo single, with the folk-pop acoustic track taking inspiration from her idols Joni Mitchell and Carol King.
She said: “Making this record has been a long time coming and a real labour of love, but I’m very proud of the results.
“I don’t know what the future holds but I feel very positive and am very grateful to my friends and family for their support.”
You may also want to watch:
Magenta appeared on The One Show in 2015 when she was named a BBC ‘Unsung Hero’ for her work in community choirs.
Circles will go on iTunes pre-release on May 1, and full sale on June 8. A launch party will take place at Shoreditch Tree House on June 7.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?