Bow sisters are Britain's 'most identical twins'
DON T worry if you re seeing double when you pass Ruby and Pearl Day on the streets in Bow – they are Britain s Most Identical Twins. The 18 year-old pair are nearly identical with brown hair, blue eyes and the same side part in their hair. But to claim
DON'T worry if you're seeing double when you pass Ruby and Pearl Day on the streets in Bow - they are Britain's Most Identical Twins.
The 18 year-old pair are nearly identical with brown hair, blue eyes and the same side part in their hair.
But to claim the title of the most identical twins, they had to perform a synchronised dance routine in a day of X-Factor style auditions.
The judges included Big Brother's Samanda, Pineapple Dance Studio's choreographer and a facial recognition expert.
You may also want to watch:
"I was looking not just for symmetry but twins whose faces reacted identically when displaying emotions and communicating," said Dr. Fatima Felisberti of Kingston University, who specializes in facial recognition.
Ruby and Pearl will now begin a month long 'Spot the Difference' tour, starting on June 29 at Liverpool Street Station, to promote Cadbury's Wispa Duo.
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 7 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 8 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 9 East London venue to host big-screen Euro 2020 football fanzone
- 10 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
"Growing up we had a lot of fun confusing teachers, friends and family," the twins said. "Sometimes even our mum had difficulty telling us apart, so it'll be interesting to see how well the public do."
The runners up, Ismael and Nathaniel Hines, are also from the East End in Leyton.