Bow sisters are Britain's 'most identical twins'
DON T worry if you re seeing double when you pass Ruby and Pearl Day on the streets in Bow – they are Britain s Most Identical Twins. The 18 year-old pair are nearly identical with brown hair, blue eyes and the same side part in their hair. But to claim
DON'T worry if you're seeing double when you pass Ruby and Pearl Day on the streets in Bow - they are Britain's Most Identical Twins.
The 18 year-old pair are nearly identical with brown hair, blue eyes and the same side part in their hair.
But to claim the title of the most identical twins, they had to perform a synchronised dance routine in a day of X-Factor style auditions.
The judges included Big Brother's Samanda, Pineapple Dance Studio's choreographer and a facial recognition expert.
You may also want to watch:
"I was looking not just for symmetry but twins whose faces reacted identically when displaying emotions and communicating," said Dr. Fatima Felisberti of Kingston University, who specializes in facial recognition.
Ruby and Pearl will now begin a month long 'Spot the Difference' tour, starting on June 29 at Liverpool Street Station, to promote Cadbury's Wispa Duo.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 5 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 6 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 9 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 10 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
"Growing up we had a lot of fun confusing teachers, friends and family," the twins said. "Sometimes even our mum had difficulty telling us apart, so it'll be interesting to see how well the public do."
The runners up, Ismael and Nathaniel Hines, are also from the East End in Leyton.