Bow sisters are Britain's 'most identical twins'
DON T worry if you re seeing double when you pass Ruby and Pearl Day on the streets in Bow – they are Britain s Most Identical Twins. The 18 year-old pair are nearly identical with brown hair, blue eyes and the same side part in their hair. But to claim
DON'T worry if you're seeing double when you pass Ruby and Pearl Day on the streets in Bow - they are Britain's Most Identical Twins.
The 18 year-old pair are nearly identical with brown hair, blue eyes and the same side part in their hair.
But to claim the title of the most identical twins, they had to perform a synchronised dance routine in a day of X-Factor style auditions.
The judges included Big Brother's Samanda, Pineapple Dance Studio's choreographer and a facial recognition expert.
"I was looking not just for symmetry but twins whose faces reacted identically when displaying emotions and communicating," said Dr. Fatima Felisberti of Kingston University, who specializes in facial recognition.
Ruby and Pearl will now begin a month long 'Spot the Difference' tour, starting on June 29 at Liverpool Street Station, to promote Cadbury's Wispa Duo.
- 1 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 4 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 5 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 6 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 7 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 8 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 9 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
"Growing up we had a lot of fun confusing teachers, friends and family," the twins said. "Sometimes even our mum had difficulty telling us apart, so it'll be interesting to see how well the public do."
The runners up, Ismael and Nathaniel Hines, are also from the East End in Leyton.