Bow slimming expert gets tips from TV presenter Justin Lee Collins
A seasoned slimmer from Bow got some handy advice and shared a joke with TV presenter Justin Lee Collins at an awards ceremony in Birmingham.
Hannah Jeeves, 23, of Fairfield Road, attended Slimming World’s national awards to represent east London slimmers.
She runs two of their groups in Bethnal Green and Bow and grabbed the chance to get a hug and chat with Lee Collins, best known for presenting The Sunday Night Project and Justin Lee Collins: Good Times.
She said: “He was fantastic and so funny.
“He has experience of trying to slim in the past as well so it was great to speak to him.”
Ms Jeeves has helped those wishing to shed the pounds in Bow for the last three-and-a-half years and her group, which meets in Victoria Park Baptist Church twice a week, has around 100 members.
She also manages a weekly group at Oxford House in Derbyshire Street, Bethnal Green.
- 1 Man 'seriously injured' after e-scooter fall
- 2 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 3 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 6 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 7 Archie Battersbee dies: Hospital staff showed 'extraordinary compassion'
- 8 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
- 9 Man convicted of stabbing Mohamed Ensser to death on Isle of Dogs
- 10 E-scooter rider named and man arrested over fatal Canary Wharf crash
One of her slimmers, Michelle Barthram, also of Bow, was shortlisted for the district finals of Slimming World’s Women of the Year awards.
But she couldn’t make her heat because she had to care for her husband, who has multiple sclerosis.
Ms Jones said: “I’m sure she would have made it through to the final.
“She looks absolutely great. She has lost just under nine stone in two years.”
For further information, visit slimmingworld.com.