Bow slimming expert gets tips from TV presenter Justin Lee Collins
A seasoned slimmer from Bow got some handy advice and shared a joke with TV presenter Justin Lee Collins at an awards ceremony in Birmingham.
Hannah Jeeves, 23, of Fairfield Road, attended Slimming World’s national awards to represent east London slimmers.
She runs two of their groups in Bethnal Green and Bow and grabbed the chance to get a hug and chat with Lee Collins, best known for presenting The Sunday Night Project and Justin Lee Collins: Good Times.
She said: “He was fantastic and so funny.
“He has experience of trying to slim in the past as well so it was great to speak to him.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Jeeves has helped those wishing to shed the pounds in Bow for the last three-and-a-half years and her group, which meets in Victoria Park Baptist Church twice a week, has around 100 members.
She also manages a weekly group at Oxford House in Derbyshire Street, Bethnal Green.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
One of her slimmers, Michelle Barthram, also of Bow, was shortlisted for the district finals of Slimming World’s Women of the Year awards.
But she couldn’t make her heat because she had to care for her husband, who has multiple sclerosis.
Ms Jones said: “I’m sure she would have made it through to the final.
“She looks absolutely great. She has lost just under nine stone in two years.”
For further information, visit slimmingworld.com.