Boxing legend Barry McGuigan passes on tips at York Hall
- Credit: Archant
Former world featherweight champion Barry McGuigan sparred with novices during an event aimed at improving health and fitness.
The boxing legend appeared at Bethnal Green’s York Hall to pass on his wisdom to more than 100 people during the “Boxing for Health” event.
Non-contact boxing, tips on boxers’ footwork and circuit training was available during the day, which was supported by the London Legacy Development Corporation.
Barry said it was a fantastic opportunity to deliver the training on Sunday June 16 in York Hall, Old Ford Road – a venue with a “prolific” boxing history.
“It was an added bonus to be able to work with local families on Fathers’ Day,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
“Being a father of four myself, I know the importance of family in leading a healthy lifestyle as many habits, both good and bad, begin in the home.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning