Boxing legend Barry McGuigan passes on tips at York Hall
- Credit: Archant
Former world featherweight champion Barry McGuigan sparred with novices during an event aimed at improving health and fitness.
The boxing legend appeared at Bethnal Green’s York Hall to pass on his wisdom to more than 100 people during the “Boxing for Health” event.
Non-contact boxing, tips on boxers’ footwork and circuit training was available during the day, which was supported by the London Legacy Development Corporation.
Barry said it was a fantastic opportunity to deliver the training on Sunday June 16 in York Hall, Old Ford Road – a venue with a “prolific” boxing history.
“It was an added bonus to be able to work with local families on Fathers’ Day,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
“Being a father of four myself, I know the importance of family in leading a healthy lifestyle as many habits, both good and bad, begin in the home.”
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift