Boxing match to raise funds for Haiti
BOXERS will be helping to raise money for people affected by the earthquake in Haiti at a tournament in the East End. The event at the Troxy in Commercial Road on Sunday May 23 has been arranged by Walid Ali who is a former Repton Boxing Club student
BOXERS will be helping to raise money for people affected by the earthquake in Haiti at a tournament in the East End.
The event at the Troxy in Commercial Road on Sunday May 23 has been arranged by Walid Ali who is a former Repton Boxing Club student and coach and now runs his own gym in Bow.
There will be an exhibition bout by former European champion Terry Dunstan and Marcus Lee and former Repton boys England international and undefeated professional boxer Andrew Wallace and ex amateur superstar Tony 'TOPCAT' Cesay will also compete.
Proceeds will go to the DEC Haiti appeal fund.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets costs from �10 to �40 and are available from www.chillitickets.com oor 07904 570919
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End