Boxing match to raise funds for Haiti
BOXERS will be helping to raise money for people affected by the earthquake in Haiti at a tournament in the East End. The event at the Troxy in Commercial Road on Sunday May 23 has been arranged by Walid Ali who is a former Repton Boxing Club student
BOXERS will be helping to raise money for people affected by the earthquake in Haiti at a tournament in the East End.
The event at the Troxy in Commercial Road on Sunday May 23 has been arranged by Walid Ali who is a former Repton Boxing Club student and coach and now runs his own gym in Bow.
There will be an exhibition bout by former European champion Terry Dunstan and Marcus Lee and former Repton boys England international and undefeated professional boxer Andrew Wallace and ex amateur superstar Tony 'TOPCAT' Cesay will also compete.
Proceeds will go to the DEC Haiti appeal fund.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets costs from �10 to �40 and are available from www.chillitickets.com oor 07904 570919
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week