Boy, 10, badly injured in rush-hour alleged hit-and-run accident on A13 Bow Road
- Credit: MPS
A 10-year-old boy has been taken to hospital in a serious condition after a rush-hour accident on the A11 in east London when police said the car involved failed to stop.
A teenager has since been arrested following the accident at 8.15am on the busy Bow Road.
London’s Air Ambulance was at the scene and the child was taken to the Royal London in Whitechapel.
“His injuries were found to be serious and possibly life-changing,” a police spokesman said. “But his condition is not life-threatening.”
The boy’s family were informed immediately.
You may also want to watch:
The car involved which failed to stop after the accident was found by officers abandoned nearby, Scotland Yard confirmed this-afternoon. A youth of 18 has been arrested in connection with the investigation “on suspicion of dangerous driving and failing to stop”. He was arrested at an east London address close to the accident and is currently being detained for questioning.
Police are appealing for witnesses to call 101 who were in Bow Road near corner of Alfred Street, outside Bow Road Underground Station, at around 8.15 this-morning.
- 1 Jailed: East End county lines dealers who peddled heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Tideway super sewer arrives at Tower Bridge ready to bore east London
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Leyton Orient announce Embleton exit
- 5 Shamima Begum cannot return to UK, Supreme Court rules
- 6 Thugs attack each other with bottles of wine in supermarket mass brawl
- 7 Cigarette sparks fire in Poplar block of flats
- 8 Fear of mental health crisis as loneliness rises among disabled
- 9 Flower markets appeal to be allowed to open in time for Mother's Day
- 10 Police catch 70 people breaching Covid rules