Boy, 15, at Old Bailey charged with mother’s murder at their east London home
A schoolboy has appeared at the Old Bailey accused of stabbing to death his own mother.
The 15-year-old is accused of killing his 44-year-old mother on the morning of February 12 at their home in east London.
The mother suffered head injuries and a stab wound to her chest.
The diminutive teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, spoke only to confirm his name and that he understood he was being remanded in custody.
He appeared in the dock flanked by two security guards for the first time last Tuesday, accused of one charge of murder.
You may also want to watch:
Pre-trial Judge John Bevan set a case management hearing for May 2.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom