Boy, 16, charged with attempted murder of policeman near Victoria Park
- Credit: Google Images
A 16-year-old youth has been charged with the attempted murder of a policeman outside a church in London’s East End.
He appears in custody at Stratford Youth Court this-morning.
The officer was stabbed during an incident late on Sunday night at the back of Bethnal Green’s Victoria Park Baptist Church in Grove Road.
He was taken to hospital with a knife wound in the stomach in a “serious but stable” condition.
Officers were called to a car park next to the five-storey Bunsen House block of flats in Bunsen Street, behind the church next to Victoria Park.
You may also want to watch:
A youth was arrested at the scene and later detained for questioning..
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single