Boy, 15, arrested as 17-year-old fights for his life in Limehouse stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy was left fighting for his life after getting stabbed in the back.
Officers and paramedics found the teenager in Island Row, Limehouse, after being called at about 8.30pm on Friday.
He was taken to hospital in a critical condition. A police spokesman said today (Monday) that he is now in a stable condition.
A 15-year-old boy was later arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and was taken into custody.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Lauren Brady said: “A young man has been seriously injured and we are working hard to piece together exactly what happened in the lead up to him being harmed.
“Although we have made an arrest, we know that there were many people in the area when the victim was found injured.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 5 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 6 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
“I am appealing for anyone who with information to come forward.”
Call police on 101 quoting CAD ref 7477/21 Sep or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.