Boy is in “serious condition” after two teenagers hit by police car in Wapping
A 15-year old boy is in a serious condition in hospital, suffering head injuries, after he and another teenage boy were hit by a police car in Wapping.
The two teenage boys were on foot when they were hit on The Highway by the police car on an emergency call at about 10.30pm on Friday (April 6).
London Ambulance Service were called to the scene, along with police officers, and the boys were both taken to an East London Hospital.
A police spokesman said: “The 15-year-old boy remains in a serious condition in hospital but his injuries are not considered life threatening.
“The 16-year-old boy suffered minor injuries and was taken to hospital as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
No one else was injured in the collision”
It was a marked police car with its sirens on, according to the spokesman.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
“It had it blues and twos on,” he said.
The Directorate of Professional Standards is investigation the case.