Boy is in “serious condition” after two teenagers hit by police car in Wapping
A 15-year old boy is in a serious condition in hospital, suffering head injuries, after he and another teenage boy were hit by a police car in Wapping.
The two teenage boys were on foot when they were hit on The Highway by the police car on an emergency call at about 10.30pm on Friday (April 6).
London Ambulance Service were called to the scene, along with police officers, and the boys were both taken to an East London Hospital.
A police spokesman said: “The 15-year-old boy remains in a serious condition in hospital but his injuries are not considered life threatening.
“The 16-year-old boy suffered minor injuries and was taken to hospital as a precaution.
No one else was injured in the collision”
It was a marked police car with its sirens on, according to the spokesman.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 7 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 8 Leyton Orient progress in FA Cup with huge win over Tranmere
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
“It had it blues and twos on,” he said.
The Directorate of Professional Standards is investigation the case.