Boys stabbed in East End street attacks
TWO schoolboys have been stabbed on the streets on the East End in separate attacks just three days apart. Both boys, a 14-year-old and a 15-year-old, are recovering after the attacks which saw one boy stabbed in the head, hand and stomach and the other k
TWO schoolboys have been stabbed on the streets on the East End in separate attacks just three days apart.
Both boys, a 14-year-old and a 15-year-old, are recovering after the attacks which saw one boy stabbed in the head, hand and stomach and the other knifed in the back.
George Green's pupil Hanif Ali was attacked by a gang of around 10 or 12 youths when he got off the D7 bus on Manchester Road on the Isle of Dogs around 11pm on Saturday evening.
The group set upon 14-year-old Hanif at the corner of Seyssel Street, striking him over the head with a knife and stabbing him in the hand and stomach before they were disturbed by two girls who were walking past.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of GBH on Monday and has been released on police bail.
Two more boys, aged 14 and 15, were arrested in connection with the attack on Tuesday and have also been released on bail.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Police are also appealing for witnesses to another stabbing in Bethnal Green on Wednesday last week.
A 15-year-old boy was stabbed in the back in Bonner Road around 3.30pm last Wednesday afternoon.
He was treated for a single stab wound in hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.
Another 15-year-old boy has been charged with GBH and appeared at Thames Youth Court on Saturday.
Police are still appealing for witnesses to the attack and are urging anyone with information to contact Det Sgt Geoff Tachauer on 020 8217 7264 or Crimstoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.