Brave seven-year-old calls for help after her mum collapses
A BRAVE seven-year-old was commended by paramedics this week after she called for help while her mum was having an epileptic fit. Arshdeep Kaur telephoned her aunty and gave details to the London Ambulance Service when her mum blacked out at her home i
A BRAVE seven-year-old was commended by paramedics this week after she called for help while her mum was having an epileptic fit.
Arshdeep Kaur telephoned her aunty and gave details to the London Ambulance Service when her mum blacked out at her home in Barnsley Street in Bethnal Green in January.
And paramedics were so impressed with the youngster that she was the first in Tower Hamlets to be presented with the ambulance service's Children's Achievement and Recognition Award for using her initiative.
The Year 2 pupil who goes to Stewart Headlam Primary in Bethnal Green was watching television with her three-year-old sister when her mum Sandeep collapsed.
You may also want to watch:
And after contacting her aunty, the youngster spoke to the London Ambulance Service's James Cooper about her mum's condition.
He said: "She removed anything that might hurt her mum and made sure her little sister was alright until the ambulance crew arrived.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
"For such a young girl she showed some great initiative. She did an absolutely fantastic job."
Sandeep, 27, who has suffered with epilepsy for nearly 20 years added: "It is good to know I have my daughter around to look after me. She is a very bright girl.