Brick Lane battle to become curry champion
by Gemma Collins THE gloves are coming off next week as Brick Lane chefs go head-to-head in a curry cook-off. The Best Curry Competition will kick-off next Wednesday in Bri
THE gloves are coming off next week as Brick Lane chefs go head-to-head in a curry cook-off.
The Best Curry Competition will kick-off next Wednesday in Britain's `curry capital' when chefs from across the area will battle it out for the winning title of Chef of the Year: Banglatown '09.
They will prepare and cook their dishes in an outdoor kitchen for food connoisseurs and passers-by to taste, before a winner is picked from a panel of judges.
The competition is taking place in the run-up to the two-week Brick Lane Curry Festival which will get underway on Sunday September 27.
You may also want to watch:
Owners of the curry houses are expecting around 60,000 visitors on the opening day of the annual event as Brick Lane and Osbourne Street are closed off and filled with stalls, entertainers, live music and DJs.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 8 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Three held after shots reportedly fired at house in Bethnal Green