Brick Lane battle to become curry champion
by Gemma Collins THE gloves are coming off next week as Brick Lane chefs go head-to-head in a curry cook-off. The Best Curry Competition will kick-off next Wednesday in Bri
THE gloves are coming off next week as Brick Lane chefs go head-to-head in a curry cook-off.
The Best Curry Competition will kick-off next Wednesday in Britain's `curry capital' when chefs from across the area will battle it out for the winning title of Chef of the Year: Banglatown '09.
They will prepare and cook their dishes in an outdoor kitchen for food connoisseurs and passers-by to taste, before a winner is picked from a panel of judges.
The competition is taking place in the run-up to the two-week Brick Lane Curry Festival which will get underway on Sunday September 27.
You may also want to watch:
Owners of the curry houses are expecting around 60,000 visitors on the opening day of the annual event as Brick Lane and Osbourne Street are closed off and filled with stalls, entertainers, live music and DJs.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 5 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 6 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene