Brick Lane battle to become curry champion
by Gemma Collins THE gloves are coming off next week as Brick Lane chefs go head-to-head in a curry cook-off. The Best Curry Competition will kick-off next Wednesday in Bri
THE gloves are coming off next week as Brick Lane chefs go head-to-head in a curry cook-off.
The Best Curry Competition will kick-off next Wednesday in Britain's `curry capital' when chefs from across the area will battle it out for the winning title of Chef of the Year: Banglatown '09.
They will prepare and cook their dishes in an outdoor kitchen for food connoisseurs and passers-by to taste, before a winner is picked from a panel of judges.
The competition is taking place in the run-up to the two-week Brick Lane Curry Festival which will get underway on Sunday September 27.
You may also want to watch:
Owners of the curry houses are expecting around 60,000 visitors on the opening day of the annual event as Brick Lane and Osbourne Street are closed off and filled with stalls, entertainers, live music and DJs.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green