Brick Lane battle to become curry champion
by Gemma Collins THE gloves are coming off next week as Brick Lane chefs go head-to-head in a curry cook-off. The Best Curry Competition will kick-off next Wednesday in Bri
THE gloves are coming off next week as Brick Lane chefs go head-to-head in a curry cook-off.
The Best Curry Competition will kick-off next Wednesday in Britain's `curry capital' when chefs from across the area will battle it out for the winning title of Chef of the Year: Banglatown '09.
They will prepare and cook their dishes in an outdoor kitchen for food connoisseurs and passers-by to taste, before a winner is picked from a panel of judges.
The competition is taking place in the run-up to the two-week Brick Lane Curry Festival which will get underway on Sunday September 27.
You may also want to watch:
Owners of the curry houses are expecting around 60,000 visitors on the opening day of the annual event as Brick Lane and Osbourne Street are closed off and filled with stalls, entertainers, live music and DJs.
- 1 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 2 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 3 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 4 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 5 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty
- 6 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 7 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf