Brick Lane restaurant drops out in finals for best curry’
THE best curry’ contest at the Brick Lane Curry Festival this year has been declared null and void. One of the competing restaurants didn’t have enough staff when it got through to the hot’ finals
By Biz Carson
THE best curry’ contest at the Brick Lane Curry Festival this year has been declared null and void.
One of the competing restaurants in the early stage of the contest didn’t have enough staff when it got through to the hot’ finals in London’s East End on Monday.
So organisers had to cool it’ and not name the winner, even though thousands of eager punters sampled and voted on the finalist dishes.
You may also want to watch:
Four of the five finalist restaurants doled out small shooters of curry to the hungry patrons as lines wrapped around the Old Truman Brewery’s Vibe Bar and almost out onto the street.
The curry celebration, however, went ahead just the same, despite the lack of an outright winner.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
Pints of lager were being pulled all afternoon while a DJ and dancers transformed the stage and atmosphere into a Bollywood vibe.
The 10th annual Brick Lane Curry Festival runs until Friday (June 4). Restaurants are offering special menus and 20 per cent discount.
Other category winners were Masala Restaurant best presentation,’ Brick Lane Brasserie House of Spice best service,’ Mango Restaurant best interior decor,’ Muhib Indian Cuisine best Cobra served’ and Clifton Tandoori best value.’