Brick Lane restaurant drops out in finals for best curry’
THE best curry’ contest at the Brick Lane Curry Festival this year has been declared null and void. One of the competing restaurants didn’t have enough staff when it got through to the hot’ finals
By Biz Carson
THE best curry’ contest at the Brick Lane Curry Festival this year has been declared null and void.
One of the competing restaurants in the early stage of the contest didn’t have enough staff when it got through to the hot’ finals in London’s East End on Monday.
So organisers had to cool it’ and not name the winner, even though thousands of eager punters sampled and voted on the finalist dishes.
You may also want to watch:
Four of the five finalist restaurants doled out small shooters of curry to the hungry patrons as lines wrapped around the Old Truman Brewery’s Vibe Bar and almost out onto the street.
The curry celebration, however, went ahead just the same, despite the lack of an outright winner.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 6 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 7 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 8 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 9 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient
Pints of lager were being pulled all afternoon while a DJ and dancers transformed the stage and atmosphere into a Bollywood vibe.
The 10th annual Brick Lane Curry Festival runs until Friday (June 4). Restaurants are offering special menus and 20 per cent discount.
Other category winners were Masala Restaurant best presentation,’ Brick Lane Brasserie House of Spice best service,’ Mango Restaurant best interior decor,’ Muhib Indian Cuisine best Cobra served’ and Clifton Tandoori best value.’