Brick Lane restaurant drops out in finals for best curry’
THE best curry’ contest at the Brick Lane Curry Festival this year has been declared null and void. One of the competing restaurants didn’t have enough staff when it got through to the hot’ finals
By Biz Carson
THE best curry’ contest at the Brick Lane Curry Festival this year has been declared null and void.
One of the competing restaurants in the early stage of the contest didn’t have enough staff when it got through to the hot’ finals in London’s East End on Monday.
So organisers had to cool it’ and not name the winner, even though thousands of eager punters sampled and voted on the finalist dishes.
You may also want to watch:
Four of the five finalist restaurants doled out small shooters of curry to the hungry patrons as lines wrapped around the Old Truman Brewery’s Vibe Bar and almost out onto the street.
The curry celebration, however, went ahead just the same, despite the lack of an outright winner.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
Pints of lager were being pulled all afternoon while a DJ and dancers transformed the stage and atmosphere into a Bollywood vibe.
The 10th annual Brick Lane Curry Festival runs until Friday (June 4). Restaurants are offering special menus and 20 per cent discount.
Other category winners were Masala Restaurant best presentation,’ Brick Lane Brasserie House of Spice best service,’ Mango Restaurant best interior decor,’ Muhib Indian Cuisine best Cobra served’ and Clifton Tandoori best value.’