Brick Lane restaurant drops out in finals for best curry’
THE best curry’ contest at the Brick Lane Curry Festival this year has been declared null and void. One of the competing restaurants didn’t have enough staff when it got through to the hot’ finals
By Biz Carson
THE best curry’ contest at the Brick Lane Curry Festival this year has been declared null and void.
One of the competing restaurants in the early stage of the contest didn’t have enough staff when it got through to the hot’ finals in London’s East End on Monday.
So organisers had to cool it’ and not name the winner, even though thousands of eager punters sampled and voted on the finalist dishes.
You may also want to watch:
Four of the five finalist restaurants doled out small shooters of curry to the hungry patrons as lines wrapped around the Old Truman Brewery’s Vibe Bar and almost out onto the street.
The curry celebration, however, went ahead just the same, despite the lack of an outright winner.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 8 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 9 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 10 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
Pints of lager were being pulled all afternoon while a DJ and dancers transformed the stage and atmosphere into a Bollywood vibe.
The 10th annual Brick Lane Curry Festival runs until Friday (June 4). Restaurants are offering special menus and 20 per cent discount.
Other category winners were Masala Restaurant best presentation,’ Brick Lane Brasserie House of Spice best service,’ Mango Restaurant best interior decor,’ Muhib Indian Cuisine best Cobra served’ and Clifton Tandoori best value.’