Brick Lane’s Tatty Devine co-founders awarded with MBE
- Credit: Archant
The co-founders of an iconic jewellery brand have been awarded with an MBE for services to the fashion industry.
Rosie Wolfenden and Harriet Vine founded Tatty Devine’s original shop in Brick Lane, Spitalfields, in 1999.
And now their collection has been given the Royal seal of approval, having already been picked up by stars such as singer Jessie J and comedian Russell Brand.
In a joint statement, Rosie and Harriet said: “Receiving our MBEs is undoubtedly the proudest achievement of our careers to date
“We love fashion and everything that it encompasses: style, individualism, and expressing yourself.
You may also want to watch:
“Everything about Tatty Devine is a result of the collaboration and friendship between us, so it’s a very special day.”
Having started out with a stall on Spitalfields Market, the duo are now looking forward to expanding their business further in the coming year.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 6 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 7 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 10 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision