British Bangladeshi power list set to be unveiled
The 100 most powerful British Bangladeshi figures will be revealed at a Westminster reception later this month.
The list will be unveiled by Tower Hamlets councillor Abdal Ullah, the British Bangladeshi Power100 list aims to recognise the influence wielded by one of the largest ethnic groups in the borough.
Those which contributed to the success of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games are set to be singled out for special recognition, alongside others who are “helping shape Britain for the better with their ideas, example, talent and success”.
Cllr Ullah said: “The publication of the 2013 BBPower 100 promises to reveal more talent, inspiration and success from the British Bangladeshi community.
“We aim to highlight and celebrate the strengths and dynamism of this often overlooked community.”
You may also want to watch:
Among those fighting it out for the top spot will be MP for Bethnal Green and Bow Rushanara Ali, and Mayor of Tower Hamlets Lutfur Rahman.
The ceremony is to be held on the evening of Tuesday, January 22, at the House of Commons.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 10 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets