British Bangladeshi power list set to be unveiled
The 100 most powerful British Bangladeshi figures will be revealed at a Westminster reception later this month.
The list will be unveiled by Tower Hamlets councillor Abdal Ullah, the British Bangladeshi Power100 list aims to recognise the influence wielded by one of the largest ethnic groups in the borough.
Those which contributed to the success of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games are set to be singled out for special recognition, alongside others who are “helping shape Britain for the better with their ideas, example, talent and success”.
Cllr Ullah said: “The publication of the 2013 BBPower 100 promises to reveal more talent, inspiration and success from the British Bangladeshi community.
“We aim to highlight and celebrate the strengths and dynamism of this often overlooked community.”
You may also want to watch:
Among those fighting it out for the top spot will be MP for Bethnal Green and Bow Rushanara Ali, and Mayor of Tower Hamlets Lutfur Rahman.
The ceremony is to be held on the evening of Tuesday, January 22, at the House of Commons.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards