Bromley-by-Bow Centre group in final of Money for Life Challenge
A group of young people from Bromley-by-Bow are celebrating success after having reached the final of a money management challenge.
The group from the Bromley-by Bow Centre, in St Leonards Street, reached the England final of Lloyds TSB’s Money for Life Challenge.
They set up their innovative project called Beauty Bargains with their �500 grant from Money for Life.
The youngsters have put the money to use by providing advice to women on low incomes in the Bromley-by-Bow area who spend a lot of money on beauty products or treatments.
Ruksana Begum, 22, from Beauty Bargains, said: “We had never taken part in anything like this before and so had to learn new skills.
You may also want to watch:
“Having this type of autonomy was new to all of us, but we managed incredibly well and created an event that was enjoyed by all who attended.”
The final will take place tomorrow (Thursday) at Wembley Stadium.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow