Bromley-by-Bow Centre group in final of Money for Life Challenge
A group of young people from Bromley-by-Bow are celebrating success after having reached the final of a money management challenge.
The group from the Bromley-by Bow Centre, in St Leonards Street, reached the England final of Lloyds TSB’s Money for Life Challenge.
They set up their innovative project called Beauty Bargains with their �500 grant from Money for Life.
The youngsters have put the money to use by providing advice to women on low incomes in the Bromley-by-Bow area who spend a lot of money on beauty products or treatments.
Ruksana Begum, 22, from Beauty Bargains, said: “We had never taken part in anything like this before and so had to learn new skills.
You may also want to watch:
“Having this type of autonomy was new to all of us, but we managed incredibly well and created an event that was enjoyed by all who attended.”
The final will take place tomorrow (Thursday) at Wembley Stadium.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 4 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning