Book by Bromley-by-Bow poet makes it into the top three in Amazon’s book charts
- Credit: Archant
A poet from Bromley-by-Bow who became a social media success is celebrating his debut work making it into the top three in Amazon’s book charts.
Ibrahim Buhari’s anthology, Why Don’t We Fall in Love? Part I, stemmed from his popularity on Instagram where he updates his account Ibrahim_w_buhari every morning with a new verse.
The 28-year-old, who lives in Guy Townsley Square, said: “I have been writing and posting for a good few years, but I always did it as a hobby.
“I then did some research on writing a book and felt that I could do it if I really wanted to and I did.”
His work focuses on the complications associated with finding and being in love.
You may also want to watch:
Ibrahim, a project co-ordinator, added: “Whether you’re with someone or alone you need love - self-love, friendship love, family love and unconditional love is what you need to experience.”
Ibrahim is currently working on part two.
For more details click here.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff