Browse the bric-a-brac at swap event in Shadwell
Residents will have a chance to swap their unwanted items for things they need at a Swap Event.
The event in Tarling East Community Centre, Shadwell, on October 5 will offer a range of bric-a-brac items, from books and DVDs to clothes and toys, and allow people to take home anything that catches their eye for free.
The items offered must be clean and in good condition, while large items such as furniture can be swapped but are not to be brought to the event.
Instead residents should bring a photo or description with them and their contact details.
Cllr Shahed Ali, cabinet member for environment, said: “Swapping is a great way of reducing unwanted items in the home and ensuring they are reused rather than disposed of for waste.”
You may also want to watch:
Household batteries, printer cartridges, low energy light bulbs, bikes and small electrical appliances like hairdryers, toasters, kettles and mobile phones can be brought along for recycling, but cannot be swapped.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims