Budding Banksies brighten up Bethnal Green
STREET artists have been helping youngsters daub their own graffiti on building site hoardings along Bethnal Green Road. But property developers Telford Homes will not be calling the cops on the budding Banksies – instead they have been providing the arti
STREET artists have been helping youngsters daub their own graffiti on building site hoardings along Bethnal Green Road.
But property developers Telford Homes will not be calling the cops on the budding Banksies - instead they have been providing the artists with paint and other materials to brighten up the dull fencing.
With the help of professional street artists, young people aged seven-25 have been painting the 90 metre hoarding which fences off the site where Telford Homes is building a 25-storey block of flats on the corner of Bethnal Green Road and Sclater Street.
Youngsters have painted five murals which they have designed themselves and decided how they would like to represent their sense of place, space and identity.
You may also want to watch:
The murals, called A Taste of Sun, Imajin, Shoreditch Dreams, Spaced out Rainbow and Slang, Art, Movement, were unveiled in a ceremony today (Thursday).
- 1 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services
- 2 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Potential strike action could hit Tower Hamlets Council services
- 5 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 6 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 7 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 8 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 9 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 10 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum