Budding East London business movers go for �10K E-Factor
BUDDING young movers and shakers of industry gathered in East London yesterday for the start of the �10,000 E-Factor’ business contest, pitting against each other for the cash
BUDDING young movers and shakers of industry gathered in East London yesterday for the start of the �10,000 'E-Factor' business contest.
The competition launched at the Knowledge Dock business centre by the University of East London to mark 'Global Entrepreneurs' Week pits students and graduates against one another for the cash to turn their business idea into a reality.
"The purpose is to stimulate a culture of enterprise and provide students with a platform to develop their skills," said Knowledge Dock's publicist Martin Chan.
"The �10,000 prize is a great motivator to test their business idea with conviction. All our previous winners are still trading in these difficult economic conditions which is testament to the robustness of the competition."
The E-Factor contest now in its fourth year begins with students pitching their idea to a panel of judges. It's a bit like being thrown into a lion's den.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 3 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 4 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 5 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 6 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 7 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 8 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi