Budding East London business movers go for �10K E-Factor
BUDDING young movers and shakers of industry gathered in East London yesterday for the start of the �10,000 E-Factor’ business contest, pitting against each other for the cash
BUDDING young movers and shakers of industry gathered in East London yesterday for the start of the �10,000 'E-Factor' business contest.
The competition launched at the Knowledge Dock business centre by the University of East London to mark 'Global Entrepreneurs' Week pits students and graduates against one another for the cash to turn their business idea into a reality.
"The purpose is to stimulate a culture of enterprise and provide students with a platform to develop their skills," said Knowledge Dock's publicist Martin Chan.
"The �10,000 prize is a great motivator to test their business idea with conviction. All our previous winners are still trading in these difficult economic conditions which is testament to the robustness of the competition."
You may also want to watch:
The E-Factor contest now in its fourth year begins with students pitching their idea to a panel of judges. It's a bit like being thrown into a lion's den.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Man dies on Isle of Dogs
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking