Budding East London business movers go for �10K E-Factor
BUDDING young movers and shakers of industry gathered in East London yesterday for the start of the �10,000 E-Factor’ business contest, pitting against each other for the cash
BUDDING young movers and shakers of industry gathered in East London yesterday for the start of the �10,000 'E-Factor' business contest.
The competition launched at the Knowledge Dock business centre by the University of East London to mark 'Global Entrepreneurs' Week pits students and graduates against one another for the cash to turn their business idea into a reality.
"The purpose is to stimulate a culture of enterprise and provide students with a platform to develop their skills," said Knowledge Dock's publicist Martin Chan.
"The �10,000 prize is a great motivator to test their business idea with conviction. All our previous winners are still trading in these difficult economic conditions which is testament to the robustness of the competition."
You may also want to watch:
The E-Factor contest now in its fourth year begins with students pitching their idea to a panel of judges. It's a bit like being thrown into a lion's den.
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 5 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 6 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 Leyton Orient searching for a new manager as they bid farewell to McAnuff
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'