Budding East London business movers go for �10K E-Factor
BUDDING young movers and shakers of industry gathered in East London yesterday for the start of the �10,000 E-Factor’ business contest, pitting against each other for the cash
BUDDING young movers and shakers of industry gathered in East London yesterday for the start of the �10,000 'E-Factor' business contest.
The competition launched at the Knowledge Dock business centre by the University of East London to mark 'Global Entrepreneurs' Week pits students and graduates against one another for the cash to turn their business idea into a reality.
"The purpose is to stimulate a culture of enterprise and provide students with a platform to develop their skills," said Knowledge Dock's publicist Martin Chan.
"The �10,000 prize is a great motivator to test their business idea with conviction. All our previous winners are still trading in these difficult economic conditions which is testament to the robustness of the competition."
You may also want to watch:
The E-Factor contest now in its fourth year begins with students pitching their idea to a panel of judges. It's a bit like being thrown into a lion's den.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto