Business as usual at the East End's Troxy
BOSSES at the Troxy have reassured customers the venue is running business as usual – despite rumours of a closure. Since the Stepney venue cancelled an Islamic conference due to be held on Sunday, they have been flooded with calls from worried customers.
BOSSES at the Troxy have reassured customers the venue is running business as usual - despite rumours of a closure.
Since the Stepney venue cancelled an Islamic conference due to be held on Sunday, they have been flooded with calls from worried customers.
But they issued a statement to reassure the public and make it clear the doors are open for all other events.
A spokesman for the venue said: "We have received a number of calls from concerned clients who have heard rumours that Troxy has been closed down, because of one event being cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to make it very clear that Troxy remains open for business as usual - we have a number of events planned and at least a dozen weddings taking place this summer."
On Saturday the venue hosts a cage-fighting extravaganza: "Ultimate Challenge - Feel The Pain."
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
They also have a strong line-up for the autumn including, including Fat Freddy's Drop, Sia, and a three-day indoor festival.
For more information visit www.troxy.co.uk.