Want some caviar? Shop to 'demystify' fine foods to open in Bethnal Green
- Credit: Darren Pedersen
You don’t need to go up west for your caviar and foie gras — humble Bethnal Green might be more convenient if you’re in east London.
A new posh nosh food store, Caviar Classic London, has opened by the railway arch in Cambridge Heath Road — in a site which used to be the Advertiser office until 2011.
Entrepreneur Darren Pedersen chose to open the shop after running an online business for 10 years.
“Caviar is seen as a luxury food,” he said. “So people feel like they’re not able to buy it or to eat it often. Lack of information about fine foods pushes people away.”
Darren’s objective with his store at 138 Cambridge Heath Road is to help people get closer to upper crust cuisine where they can ask questions and try samples in the cosy tasting corner.
He feels it is “important to demystify fine foods as unreachable and too expensive to the rest of the public”.
The fine foods range includes 11 types of caviar to foie gras, truffles, jams, marmalades, sushi and picnic hampers.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 9 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
- 10 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
There’s even a bus stop outside if it's the chauffer's day off.