Want some caviar? Shop to 'demystify' fine foods to open in Bethnal Green
- Credit: Darren Pedersen
You don’t need to go up west for your caviar and foie gras — humble Bethnal Green might be more convenient if you’re in east London.
A new posh nosh food store, Caviar Classic London, has opened by the railway arch in Cambridge Heath Road — in a site which used to be the Advertiser office until 2011.
Entrepreneur Darren Pedersen chose to open the shop after running an online business for 10 years.
“Caviar is seen as a luxury food,” he said. “So people feel like they’re not able to buy it or to eat it often. Lack of information about fine foods pushes people away.”
Darren’s objective with his store at 138 Cambridge Heath Road is to help people get closer to upper crust cuisine where they can ask questions and try samples in the cosy tasting corner.
You may also want to watch:
He feels it is “important to demystify fine foods as unreachable and too expensive to the rest of the public”.
The fine foods range includes 11 types of caviar to foie gras, truffles, jams, marmalades, sushi and picnic hampers.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 4 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 7 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
There’s even a bus stop outside if it's the chauffer's day off.