German Doner Kebab restaurant to open in Canary Wharf
- Credit: GNK
A new fast food restaurant is set to open in the Canary Wharf business district serving doner kebabs.
The German Doner Kebab chain has signed a lease confirming the opening at Upper Level 2 in Cabot Place in early August, creating 40 jobs in the catering trade.
It is one of 47 outlets the company, first established in Berlin in 1989, is planning to open in Britain this year following the 12 it opened in 2020.
“We are officially announcing plans to open at such an iconic location," their UK and Europe managing director Daniel Bunce said.
“Our game-changing kebabs are revolutionising the trade in the UK in a modern setting like Canary Wharf.”
You may also want to watch:
The company has 70 restaurants around the world, but sees the UK as its biggest market.
The new Canary Wharf eatery is planning dine-in catering “subject to government restrictions” as well as takeaway, Click+Collect and home delivery.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 4 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 5 Volunteers thanked for running East End food bank for 70 weeks
- 6 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 7 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 8 Volunteers patrol streets after Isle of Dogs fatal stabbing
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder