Bethnal Green wine bar to open where bottles can be 'grabbed from shelves'
- Credit: Cuvée
Two pals have got a lot of bottle for opening a new wine bar in Bethnal Green after their restaurant was impacted by the Covid lockdowns.
Brodie Meah and Max Venning are expanding their wine delivery business by opening Shop Cuvée in Bethnal Green Road next month.
They have sold 200,000 bottles in the 12 months since Covid restrictions hit their neighbourhood restaurant and deli in Holloway, Top Cuvée, and now want to tap in to the East End market with their natural wines.
"Bringing the business to Bethnal Green is beyond exciting,” Brodie said. “It’s where I’ve lived since arriving in London, so I know it’s just what's needed. It's a project every wine person dreams of opening, a wine bar.”
It will stock natural wines for all budgets, from recognised labels, limited edition collaborative bottles and new drops.
You may also want to watch:
The pals plan to open Cave Cuvée where you “grab a bottle straight from the shelves” and make your way down to the cellar tasting room, and also have bike couriers for home deliveries.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 4 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 7 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man