Pictures: Businesses come together for East London Expo 2013
- Credit: Archant
Businesses gathered to network and showcase their services at the East London Expo 2013.
The event saw around 50 companies and organisations hold stalls at Barking Rugby Club, in Gale Street, Dagenham on Wednesday.
There were also business seminars throughout the day with high profile speakers, a chance to meet business mentors and an evening networking session.
Visitors included Barking and Dagenham Mayor Cllr Hardial Singh Rai and Romford MP Andrew Rosindell.
Among those exhibiting were Ceme, Barking and Dagenham College, Metro Bank, London City and Airport Wincanton Records Management.
You may also want to watch:
Sominder Panesar, director of Prontaprint Barking, said: “An event like this is a brilliant idea. You need more trade between local businesses and the expo is a good way of encouraging this.
“It’s also gives businesses the opportunity to showcase their services in a way they might not otherwise have the chance to.”
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
One of the organisers of the event was the Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce.
Mary Clements, events marketing managers at the commerce said: “It was a very positive day and showed how many fantastic businesses we have on our doorstep.
Archant, publishers of the Post, were media partners.
To see more photos click on the picture gallery link below.