Tower Hamlets' first Amazon Fresh 'no check out' store launches
- Credit: Amazon
Tower Hamlets' first Amazon Fresh store opened in Aldgate East today (December 1), offering shopping with no queues or check-outs.
The shop in Goodmans Fields is one of 12 Amazon Fresh convenience stores in the UK that have opened in the last nine months.
Customers can use the Amazon app to enter the branch and shop for what they need, bagging items as they go.
The company's Just Walk Out Technology automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves.
At the end of their shopping trip, customers can walk out without stopping to stand in a queue to check out. Customers are then emailed their receipt.
An Amazon Prime Membership is not needed to shop at the Fresh store.
The global company's new food brand 'by Amazon’ has hundreds of products, including meat, poultry and fish, dairy, fruit and veg, bakery, freshly prepared meals and everyday essentials.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 3 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 6 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
- 9 V&A launches festival to celebrate 150 years in Bethnal Green
- 10 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
The Aldgate store also offers customers hot food throughout the day and on-the-go meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Amazon Fresh is open from 7am to 11pm seven days a week, and can be found at Goodmans Fields E1 8PU.