Busking competition is looking for entries from Tower Hamlets
- Credit: Archant
A busking competition is open for aspiring musicans from Tower Hamlets.
Annual contest Gigs, in association with Gibson, is the largest street music competition in the country.
Musicians enter into three categories – Youth (11-15 years old, up to eight members), Soloists/Duos (16-25 years old, one or two members) and Open (Over 11 years old, up to eight members).
Those selected will perform on a circuit of busking spots over the summer, and will be watched by the judges. They’ll choose their favourite acts to go onto the final, while the public also vote on an online voting system.
The final will take place on September 2 at Westfield London.
You may also want to watch:
Prizes include a Gibson guitar for the winner, a Roland acoustic guitar for the top three, busking equipment, a busking trip to Amsterdam and recording time at a professional studio.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests