Busy bees snooze through lunch at Spitalfields Market for kids’ hospice
Busy office staff got the chance to sleep off the excesses of The City today—on a double bed in the middle of a public shopping market.
The bed suddenly appeared at Old Spitalfields Market at lunchtime—just a sleepwalk from Liverpool Street station.
So they took their shoes off for a quick forty winks, in this unashamed publicity stunt by east London’s Richard House children’s hospice.
“We had the bed in the middle of the market for more than an hour,” explained the man who dreamed up the bed stunt, Manjeet Boparai. “We thought this was a great promotion for the hospice while also giving something back to businessmen and women—a quick nap and a break.”
It was promoting a 10-mile Saturday night sponsored sleep-walk the charity is staging on May 26 to raise badly-needed funds for the hospice at Beckton.
You may also want to watch:
Wellwishers are being encouraged to take part in pyjamas, of course.
They can take in the sights of London City Airport, Canary Wharf and The Docklands—if they manage to keep their eyes open.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
Entry is �15 with minimum �100 sponsorship. Dreamers can sign up by calling Manjeet on 020-7540 0204, or go online: www.richardhouse.org.uk/events.