Busy bees snooze through lunch at Spitalfields Market for kids’ hospice
Busy office staff got the chance to sleep off the excesses of The City today—on a double bed in the middle of a public shopping market.
The bed suddenly appeared at Old Spitalfields Market at lunchtime—just a sleepwalk from Liverpool Street station.
So they took their shoes off for a quick forty winks, in this unashamed publicity stunt by east London’s Richard House children’s hospice.
“We had the bed in the middle of the market for more than an hour,” explained the man who dreamed up the bed stunt, Manjeet Boparai. “We thought this was a great promotion for the hospice while also giving something back to businessmen and women—a quick nap and a break.”
It was promoting a 10-mile Saturday night sponsored sleep-walk the charity is staging on May 26 to raise badly-needed funds for the hospice at Beckton.
You may also want to watch:
Wellwishers are being encouraged to take part in pyjamas, of course.
They can take in the sights of London City Airport, Canary Wharf and The Docklands—if they manage to keep their eyes open.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 8 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 9 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
Entry is �15 with minimum �100 sponsorship. Dreamers can sign up by calling Manjeet on 020-7540 0204, or go online: www.richardhouse.org.uk/events.