Busy bees snooze through lunch at Spitalfields Market for kids’ hospice
Busy office staff got the chance to sleep off the excesses of The City today—on a double bed in the middle of a public shopping market.
The bed suddenly appeared at Old Spitalfields Market at lunchtime—just a sleepwalk from Liverpool Street station.
So they took their shoes off for a quick forty winks, in this unashamed publicity stunt by east London’s Richard House children’s hospice.
“We had the bed in the middle of the market for more than an hour,” explained the man who dreamed up the bed stunt, Manjeet Boparai. “We thought this was a great promotion for the hospice while also giving something back to businessmen and women—a quick nap and a break.”
It was promoting a 10-mile Saturday night sponsored sleep-walk the charity is staging on May 26 to raise badly-needed funds for the hospice at Beckton.
You may also want to watch:
Wellwishers are being encouraged to take part in pyjamas, of course.
They can take in the sights of London City Airport, Canary Wharf and The Docklands—if they manage to keep their eyes open.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
Entry is �15 with minimum �100 sponsorship. Dreamers can sign up by calling Manjeet on 020-7540 0204, or go online: www.richardhouse.org.uk/events.