Callous gunman robs pregnant woman near toddlers club
POLICE are hunting a gunman who robbed a pregnant woman in the park close to a children’s nursery club in East London. They have stepped up patrols today to reassure parents at the One O’Clock Club in Victoria Park, near Hackney Wick
POLICE are hunting a gunman who robbed a pregnant woman in the park close to a children’s nursery club in East London.
They have stepped up patrols today (Tuesday) to reassure parents at the One O’Clock Club in Victoria Park, near Hackney Wick.
The 32-year-old woman, who is six months pregnant, was walking through the park at the Hackney Wick end when the man rode up on a bike and threatened her with a silver gun.
You may also want to watch:
She was forced to hand over her black shoulder bag with her purse and credit cards.
The man police are looking for is aged about 20, described as a white, 5ft 9ins tall with black hair who was wearing a light coloured jacket and dark tracksuit trousers. He was riding a mountain bike. No shots were fired, Scotland Yard confirmed today.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 4 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 7 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 10 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
Police were later making moved to reassure the One o’clock Club parents by increasing patrols in the park and giving crime prevention advice.
They are appealing for witnesses who were in Vicky Park around lunchtime on Friday, or anyone with information, to contact Det Con Tom Thear in the Robbery Squad on 020-8217 3838, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111