Camille planned to return to isle in sun when she was stabbed
CAMILLE Mathurasingh was planning to return to the Caribbean isle of Trinidad at the end of the month—but was found stabbed to death in her home in London’s East End. Police discovered her body in the house in Bromley-by-Bow while investigating a car crash three miles away in which her Nissan Micro overturned at a busy main road junction
CAMILLE Mathurasingh was planning to return to the Caribbean isle of Trinidad at the end of the month—but was found stabbed to death in her home in London’s East End.
Police discovered her body in the house in Bromley-by-Bow while investigating a car crash three miles away in which her Nissan Micro overturned at a busy main road junction in Whitechapel.
The 27-year-old accountant was found dead at the terraced house in Arrow Road on Friday afternoon, soon after the crash shortly before in which the driver was injured and taken to hospital.
She had died from multiple stab wounds, according to a post mortem examination at Poplar Mortuary on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
A man appeared before a district judge at Thames Court yesterday, charged with her murder.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 5 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 6 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 7 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 8 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 10 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
Camille, whose parents came from Trinidad, was brought up in East London and excelled at Hackney’s Our Lady Convent secondary school in Stamford Hill, before going on to become an accountant.
She moved to Trinidad to work at First Citizens Bank in Port of Spain, where friends say she had split up from her boyfriend and moved to Bermuda where she went to work for PriceWaterhouse Coopers accountants.
Camille returned to Britain last year and went to live with her sister Candice and her young nephew and nice at the house in Bromley-by-Bow. She worked as an accountant in London until a month ago and was preparing to go back to the Caribbean isle when she died.
Neighbours in Arrow Road described Camille as “a very quiet woman.”
Sowar Kahn, 45, who lives next door, told the East London Advertiser: “I came home to find police swarming all over the place. We are trying to get back to our normal lives in this street, but it is terrible with the body found next door.”
He often saw Camille bringing back her sister’s children from school by car in the afternoon.
Camille owned the white Nissan Micro which crashed in Whitechapel the same afternoon her body was discovered.
An incident room has been set up. Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact Det Chief Ins Caroline Goode on 020-8345 3715.