Canary Wharf Level39 to hold first London technology inventors’ ‘lab’
Europe’s largest financial industries “accelerator” space high up in the iconic Canary Wharf skyscraper tower is to be the first London venue for a technology inventors’ ‘lab’ when it opens next month.
The ‘Level39 accelerator space’ helping start-up companies develop technology for the banking and financial services industry takes up the entire 39th floor of One Canada Square.
Seven technology entrepreneurs have been chosen from Britain and abroad to develop, test and fine-tune their inventions during a 12-week programme.
Canary Wharf Group’s Eric Van Der Kleij, heading the project, said: “The objective is to fuse the technology and business worlds to help financial services and to enhance London’s position as Europe’s digital and financial capital.”
The programme includes workshops, group and networking sessions, run by top executives from some of the world’s leading financial institutions and investors.
You may also want to watch:
The chosen start-ups have come up with ideas including search engines for voice recordings, biometric methods for tackling fraud and personal financial management tools for youngsters.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 4 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 9 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 10 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches