Canary Wharf Post Office staff recognised with award
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Post Office in Canary Wharf have been recognised at a national awards ceremony.
The branch, in Chancellor Passage, was crowned “Best Branch for Mails” at the awards in Camden.
Bhatari Patel, who has been “subpostmistress” at the Post Office since 2004, said: “It is a real team effort.
“Everyone is really driven and there is a personal incentive award scheme for my staff for achieving targets,” she added.
The team now hope to win a further award next year, after a spate of successes recently.
You may also want to watch:
The branch has consistently been nominated and won awards at national Post Office Awards in the past few years.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff