Canary Wharf Post Office staff recognised with award
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Post Office in Canary Wharf have been recognised at a national awards ceremony.
The branch, in Chancellor Passage, was crowned “Best Branch for Mails” at the awards in Camden.
Bhatari Patel, who has been “subpostmistress” at the Post Office since 2004, said: “It is a real team effort.
“Everyone is really driven and there is a personal incentive award scheme for my staff for achieving targets,” she added.
The team now hope to win a further award next year, after a spate of successes recently.
The branch has consistently been nominated and won awards at national Post Office Awards in the past few years.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 5 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 8 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?