Canary Wharf’s ‘Level39’ gets ready to take on global data revolution
Plans have been revealed for Europe’s largest ‘accelerator’ space at Canary Wharf for up-and-coming technology firms to expand their businesses.
The centre being opened next year includes office and social space for small companies to create, test and market financial technology products and services.
The ‘Level39’ accelerator is being created on the 39th floor of the iconic One Canada Square tower block, ready to take on the challenges of the global surge in financial and big data technologies.
It is to occupy the entire 29,000sq ft floor for small and growing technology businesses to meet new customers, find investment, get ideas and make use of its social and cultural amenities.
The layout is being created in ‘tech industry’ style by Gensler architects who have designed workspace offices for Facebook and Google.
You may also want to watch:
Work is already under way to include a one-stop express lift to the 39th floor, a reception area with ‘technology tunnel’ showing live data and interactive functions, a 200-seat event space for demonstration days, business club lounge and semi-open and open-plan office areas.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences