Canary Wharf’s Level39 innovation space is expanded to Level 42
- Credit: Canary Wharf Grp
Europe’s largest accelerator space for financial and retail technology companies is being expanded at Canary Wharf.
Another 15,000sq ft of office space has been earmarked at the One Canada Square tower, Canary Wharf Group announced today.
The launch in March of Level39 technology innovation project has received 310 applications with all the fixed and ‘hot desk’ spaces occupied.
But demand was far greater than anticipated, the company admits.
So an additional expansion space has been created on the 42nd floor to complement the existing Level39 area three floors down.
You may also want to watch:
It is being made ready for occupation this week, with contracts now signed with three companies, Crowdrooster, Digital Shadows and Growth Intelligence, all ‘graduating’ from Level39.
Crowdrooster has doubled its workforce in three months—and forecasts it will triple its staff before the end of the year.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus
It is able to focus on its social media analytics core business of improving clients’ online presence while it doesn’t incur “logistic scalability issues.”
Canary Wharf is also negotiating with 11 more technology companies about using the new space.