Canary Wharf’s Level39 innovation space is expanded to Level 42
- Credit: Canary Wharf Grp
Europe’s largest accelerator space for financial and retail technology companies is being expanded at Canary Wharf.
Another 15,000sq ft of office space has been earmarked at the One Canada Square tower, Canary Wharf Group announced today.
The launch in March of Level39 technology innovation project has received 310 applications with all the fixed and ‘hot desk’ spaces occupied.
But demand was far greater than anticipated, the company admits.
So an additional expansion space has been created on the 42nd floor to complement the existing Level39 area three floors down.
You may also want to watch:
It is being made ready for occupation this week, with contracts now signed with three companies, Crowdrooster, Digital Shadows and Growth Intelligence, all ‘graduating’ from Level39.
Crowdrooster has doubled its workforce in three months—and forecasts it will triple its staff before the end of the year.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
It is able to focus on its social media analytics core business of improving clients’ online presence while it doesn’t incur “logistic scalability issues.”
Canary Wharf is also negotiating with 11 more technology companies about using the new space.