Canary Wharf’s Reebok in West End health club take-over deal by Encore Capital
- Credit: Encore Capital
Owners of the Reebok health club in the Canary Wharf business district have taken over two prestigious West End gyms.
The Encore Capital investment firm, which backs entrepreneurial growth businesses, announced its acquisition of Third Space, a luxury health and fitness club operator, which it has purchased for an undisclosed sum from Graphite Capital, the mid-market private equity specialist.
“This acquisition allows us to augment a growing proposition of a holistic, tailor-made approach to health,” Encore’s Shirin Gandhi said. “We’re using state-of-the-art training facilities and utilising the latest trends and techniques, all in luxurious surroundings.”
Third Space with its state-of-the-art facilities, runs two clubs in Soho and Marylebone.
The take-over deal adds another 5,000 to Encore’s membership base.
You may also want to watch:
It also strengthens the company’s place in the London fitness market, complimenting its prized Reebok venue, Europe’s largest luxury health club which occupies 100,000sq ft in the heart of Canary Wharf.
Encore’s growth agenda plan is to own and run “iconic premium health clubs” in key locations across London.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow
Meanwhile, the Reebok club has been undergoing a huge multi-million pound refurbishment and extension of facilities since July, following feedback from members, which includes latest health and fitness trends from around the world.