Candlelit vigil in memory of Ian Tomlinson
A CANDLELIT vigil will be held outside the Royal Exchange in the City in honour of news vendor Ian Tomlinson who died after he was assaulted by police during the G20 protests. Mr Tomlinson s family who live on the Isle of Dogs will speak at the event whi
A CANDLELIT vigil will be held outside the Royal Exchange in the City in honour of news vendor Ian Tomlinson who died after he was assaulted by police during the G20 protests.
Mr Tomlinson's family who live on the Isle of Dogs will speak at the event which starts at 6pm and continues til 7.15pm on Tuesday December 1.
Other speakers at Threadneedle Street include Samantha Rigg and David - Sean Rigg from the Justice and Change Campaign, Deborah Coles from Inquest and John McDonnell MP.
The Ian Tomlinson Family Campaign said: "We have been grateful for public support this year and would like an opportunity to hold this public memorial gathering to remember Ian, with our friends and supporters around us. We ask that those who attend please wear black as a mark of respect and remember that this is peaceful event.
You may also want to watch:
"Please let us know if you are coming so we can estimate numbers and please send messages of support - a number of these will be read out at the vigil."
People should RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney