Candlelit vigil in memory of Ian Tomlinson
A CANDLELIT vigil will be held outside the Royal Exchange in the City in honour of news vendor Ian Tomlinson who died after he was assaulted by police during the G20 protests. Mr Tomlinson s family who live on the Isle of Dogs will speak at the event whi
A CANDLELIT vigil will be held outside the Royal Exchange in the City in honour of news vendor Ian Tomlinson who died after he was assaulted by police during the G20 protests.
Mr Tomlinson's family who live on the Isle of Dogs will speak at the event which starts at 6pm and continues til 7.15pm on Tuesday December 1.
Other speakers at Threadneedle Street include Samantha Rigg and David - Sean Rigg from the Justice and Change Campaign, Deborah Coles from Inquest and John McDonnell MP.
The Ian Tomlinson Family Campaign said: "We have been grateful for public support this year and would like an opportunity to hold this public memorial gathering to remember Ian, with our friends and supporters around us. We ask that those who attend please wear black as a mark of respect and remember that this is peaceful event.
You may also want to watch:
"Please let us know if you are coming so we can estimate numbers and please send messages of support - a number of these will be read out at the vigil."
People should RSVP to email@example.com
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning