Canine capers at Poplar dog show
POOCHES put their best paw forward when they took part in the Fido Factor dog show at the weekend.
The show, organised by Tower Hamlets council’s animal wardens at the Teviot Centre in Wyvis Street, Poplar on Saturday afternoon, saw pets compete in different classes.
Happy puppy 12-week-old Ocean and owner five-year-old Rhys Knipe ran away with the prize for ‘waggiest tail’ and Jane and Frankie Cenci’s dog Betty won both the best dressed and best in show categories.
The show was a chance for owners to demonstrate responsible ownership by keeping their dog on lead, finding out about worming, neutering or training, and cleaning up after their dogs.
Dog Wardens were on hand to offer advice and information about all aspects of pet care, including free micro chipping of dogs belonging to East Enders.
You may also want to watch:
There was an after party show for the dogs, with doggy treats and canine capers which were aimed at helping teach dog owners how to keep their pets under control.
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 6 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 7 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 8 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 9 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 10 Whitechapel lab to research East End's high throat cancer rates