Canine capers at Poplar dog show
POOCHES put their best paw forward when they took part in the Fido Factor dog show at the weekend.
The show, organised by Tower Hamlets council’s animal wardens at the Teviot Centre in Wyvis Street, Poplar on Saturday afternoon, saw pets compete in different classes.
Happy puppy 12-week-old Ocean and owner five-year-old Rhys Knipe ran away with the prize for ‘waggiest tail’ and Jane and Frankie Cenci’s dog Betty won both the best dressed and best in show categories.
The show was a chance for owners to demonstrate responsible ownership by keeping their dog on lead, finding out about worming, neutering or training, and cleaning up after their dogs.
Dog Wardens were on hand to offer advice and information about all aspects of pet care, including free micro chipping of dogs belonging to East Enders.
You may also want to watch:
There was an after party show for the dogs, with doggy treats and canine capers which were aimed at helping teach dog owners how to keep their pets under control.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19