Canine capers at Poplar dog show
POOCHES put their best paw forward when they took part in the Fido Factor dog show at the weekend.
The show, organised by Tower Hamlets council’s animal wardens at the Teviot Centre in Wyvis Street, Poplar on Saturday afternoon, saw pets compete in different classes.
Happy puppy 12-week-old Ocean and owner five-year-old Rhys Knipe ran away with the prize for ‘waggiest tail’ and Jane and Frankie Cenci’s dog Betty won both the best dressed and best in show categories.
The show was a chance for owners to demonstrate responsible ownership by keeping their dog on lead, finding out about worming, neutering or training, and cleaning up after their dogs.
Dog Wardens were on hand to offer advice and information about all aspects of pet care, including free micro chipping of dogs belonging to East Enders.
You may also want to watch:
There was an after party show for the dogs, with doggy treats and canine capers which were aimed at helping teach dog owners how to keep their pets under control.
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney