Car-free parking schemes to come under review
ALL car free schemes where the council is no longer issuing parking permits are to come under review. Following a deputation from Tory councillor Tim Archer to last night s Overview and Scrutiny committee members agreed to an investigation into whether p
ALL car free schemes where the council is no longer issuing parking permits are to come under review.
Following a deputation from Tory councillor Tim Archer to last night's Overview and Scrutiny committee members agreed to an investigation into whether parking permits should continue to be issued at car-free estates.
It comes after residents at estates across Tower Hamlets say they were not told they are living on car-free schemes.
Archer said: "The committee didn't agree with me that it was 'blackmail' to offer residents parking permits for another year in return for giving up their future right to a permit, but it agreed the tone of letters sent out was heavy handed."
You may also want to watch:
The committee also agreed to look at the specific case of Gaverick Mews in Millwall.
Archer explained East Thames Housing Group would be advised to apply for a variation to resident's parking terms on the estate if it was found the scheme was not advertised as car free eight years ago.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green